C-DEngine Development Requirements
Supported Host Environments
The C-DEngine supports the following environments:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP or higher, including Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10 in both 32-bit and 64-bit operation, using the .NET Framework 3,5, 4.0, 4.5 or higher.
- By means of .Net Core 2.2 Support, the following environments are also supported:
- Docker, version 17 and higher.
- Linux® Operating System. We have tested Ubuntu®, Debian®, and Raspberry Pi™.
When targeting Microsoft Windows, developers will need a Windows workstation running one of the following development systems:
- Visual Studio® 2017; Community, Professional, or Enterprise editions.
- Visual Studio® 2019; Community, Professional, or Enterprise editions (strongly recommended)
- Visual Code (might require CSharp plugin)
When using Xamarin Studio to create mobile phone software, your choice of operating system for your developer system impacts which mobile phone platforms you can target (although having two separate systems – one running Microsoft Windows and one running Apple OS X – allows you to target all Xamarin-compatible mobile platforms):
- A Windows® developer workstation can generate software for Android® or Windows® Phone.
- An OS X® developer workstation can generate software for Android® or iPhone®.
The C-DEngine generates an HTML5 user-interface. Most recent browsers support HTML5 including Internet Explorer®, version 10 and 11 (with limitations), Microsoft Edge™, Opera, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and mobile browsers on iOS, Android 4.x, and Windows Phone 8/10.